Establishing a sister school overseas can be an incredibly rewarding journey. There are, however, risks that UK school brands should consider when exploring an international strategy and making decisions about specific project opportunities. The rewards can be enhanced and the risks can be minimised or removed altogether through robust planning and careful partner selection. Partnering with EduReach as the school operator assists in both of these areas.
- Management distraction leading to dissatisfied parents and reputational damage.
- Untrustworthy local partnerships.
- Difficulty replicating the UK school’s ethos in a different culture.
- Reputation and brand dilution.
- Financial exposure and control risks.
- Geopolitical risks and security of tenure.
- An additional revenue stream.
- Cross-cultural learning through pupil exchanges and collaboration.
- Exposure to world markets leading to increased UK admissions.
- Improved global profile.
- Teacher exchanges to support career development and staff retention.
- Opportunity to enable more pupils to access quality education.
“Thanks to EduReach’s capability, we now have successful sister schools in four major cities across China. The process has been very rewarding and aside from the financial benefit, we have run some exciting student exchange trips and created very beneficial opportunities for teacher professional development. We would have never succeeded in taking our brand overseas without the support of real industry experts – EduReach have provided this expertise at every step of our journey.”
Cosmo Jackson – Headmaster, Hurtwood House UK
Why schools partner with EduReach
EduReach is an international school operator that specialises in establishing schools with UK independent school partners. Find out about how we can help.Read more