We understand that moving abroad, especially for the first time, can be daunting. Apart from the practical logistics associated with taking a job in another country, we know that teachers sometimes feel anxious about how they are going to settle, including:
- their new home and surroundings;
- an unfamiliar culture;
- different expectations within a new job.
In addition, we also know some worry about how they will continue to develop and progress their career away from home. At each international school, the HR and school leadership team:
- provide the support and advice required for new members of staff to settle – this includes support with the work visa application process, locating and settling into permanent accommodation and setting up medical health insurance;
- highlight opportunities for teachers to attend professional development courses;
- ensure that regular inset is provided.
Our strong UK-based team offers additional support:
- delivering an Induction Programme to teachers based in the UK before they take up their job overseas;
- maintaining communication with teachers when they are in post;
- assisting in their on-going career development, actively working on their behalf to help research and find the next opportunity for them.